20 Nov 2012
Bike Servicing & Workshop
We have an extensive array of tools and a fully equipped workshop. We carry, use and recommend the professional Park Tools range.
Book your service now. We will email back a confirmation.
Book Now•Standard Service: recommended every 3-6 months $79
Book Now•Intermediate Service:recommended every 6-12 months $149
Book Now•Deluxe Service:recommended every 12-18 months $199
Book Now•General Workshop request:
In addition to servicing of bikes, Bike Force Woodvale also offers a wide range of other workshop services to our customers.
Race preparation is one of our specialties, including for the juniors, locking out gears for junior gear restrictions.
Please call us or drop in with your bike to discuss your needs and any special requirements.
Our Workshop mechanics are best in class. Our workshop has all the necessary tools and parts to get your bike fixed up and back on the road, usually with same day service. If the repair requires a specialist part then we can special order it in for you and book your repair as soon as it arrives. Our workshop team are happy to answer customer enquiries and give good honest advice to help you decide what level of service your bike needs.
In order to give you a transparent overview of pricing for all activities carried out in our workshops, we have listed approximate costs below. All prices serve only as a guideline and can vary depending on the age, condition and type of bike. There is a minimum labour charge of $15. We will always happily give you an approximate quote for any jobs not listed below. All parts are charged separately.
Please note: There will be an additional labour charge for fitting new parts and accessories, e.g. Brake blocks, cables, chain etc.
For further details on what each service includes, please click on the service title below:
Non-Geared Bike Services Standard $49 Intermediate $89 Deluxe $149 Geared Bike Services Standard $79 Intermediate $149 Deluxe $199 Workshop Charges Tube/Tyre Fit $15 Bar Tape Install $25 Gear Adjustment from $40 Brake Bleed from $40 Fork Service from $85 Shock Service from $60 Wheel True from $30 Custom Wheel Build from $60 Groupset Install from $199
All prices serve only as a guideline and can vary depending on the age, condition and type of bike. There is a minimum labour charge of $15. We will always happily give you an approximate quote for any jobs not listed. All parts are charged separately. NB: There will be an additional labour charge for fitting new parts and accessories, e.g. Brake blocks, cables, chain etc.
Standard Service (Price does not include cost of parts)
- Degrease & clean whole bike
- Re-lube chain & all working parts
- Check brakes
- Check gears
- Check headset
- Check bottom bracket for minor adjustment
- Minor True of wheels
- Check tyre pressure & condition
- Check seat clamp tension
- Check head stem tension
- Check wheel nuts or quick releases
- Check all accessory mounting bolts
- Check pedal axles
- Check crank bolts
Intermediate Service (Price does not include cost of parts)
Standard Service Plus
- Remove bottom bracket, regrease & replace
- Check chain wear
- Check cassette & chain ring wear
- Check pulley wheels on derailleur
- Major True of wheels
Deluxe Service (Price includes cost of parts)
Intermediate Service Plus
- Remove wheel axles, regrease & replace
- Remove headset bearings, regrease & replace
- Remove, replace & adjust brake cables
- Remove, replace & adjust gear cables
- Remove pedal axles & re-lube
Most fork or rear suspension servicing will be conducted by our qualified workshop mechanics. If for any reason your suspension items is required to be sent to the factory for servicing you will be charged according to their costs plus $40 handling fee for removal of unit, postage, refitting and adjustment.
Our Mechanics can hand-build any wheel you like, exactly conforming to your requirements (please ask for a quote). Standard wheel building prices are listed on the individual store pages, although these may vary for specialist wheels e.g. bladed spokes, carbon fibre wheels, Mountain Bike, Downhill or BMX.
A wide range of maintenance jobs can also be carried out - see the store pages for the price list:
- Front and rear gear adjustment
- Brake adjustment (not hydraulic)
- True wheel
- Replace broken spoke and true
- Fit new tube or tyre
- Fit new rear tube/tyre to hub geared bike
- Fit new rear tube or tyre (covered in chainguards)
- Fit new wheel (front)
- Fit new wheel (rear) incl. realignment of gears
- Hydraulic brake bleeding (per brake)
- Hydraulic brake service (per brake)
Replacement of Individual Parts
Labour charges for the replacement of individual parts (parts will be charged for separately):
- Bottom Bracket fit incl. re-cutting of thread
- Bottom Bracket fit for Hollowtech II type incl. facing
- Headset incl. headtube inspection
- Gear cable
- Brake block or cable (caliper brake)
- Brake block or cable (centre pull / V-brake) - Includes re-surfacing of brake blocks. Does not include labour for replacement of brake block and housing.
- Fit new derailleur (front or rear) incl. set up gears
- Block & chain incl. gear set up, lube mechs & cables